TumorX Formulas Apoptosis Easy Digest
Kill Cancer Cells
Tumorx Apoptosis Formulas treatment was found to result in a dose-dependent decrease in the viability of cancer cells. Normally, cancerous cells are unable to experience apoptosis by natural means. DNA (deoxyribonucleic acid) ladder assay demonstrated that, compared to vehicle-treated control, Tumorx Apoptosis Formulas treatment of squamous cell carcinoma resulted in an induction of programmed cell death as signaled by the nuclei in functioning cells.
This process is characterized by cleavage of the DNA into fragments that give a so called laddering pattern when the solid phase of the cell liquefies.
The induction of apoptosis by Tumorx Apoptosis Formulas was also especially clear when viewed with confocal microscopy (this microscope allows the observer to visualize objects in a single plane of focus, thereby creating a sharper image). This method identified the necrotic squamous cell carcinoma.
TumorX Apoptosis Formula & DNA Cell Cycle Analysis
The DNA cell cycle analysis showed that sanguinarine treatment did not significantly affect the distribution of cells among the different phases of the cell cycle in squamous cell carcinoma. This is especially important because this proves definitely that Tumorx Apoptosis Formulas will not harm the DNA of cells. The research proves that Tumorx Apoptosis Formulas are effective anticancer formulas.
Agents that can eliminate the cancerous cells via a programmed cell death but do not affect the normal cells have a therapeutic advantage for the elimination of cancer cells. In contrast, TumorX Apoptosis Formulas will not harm the patient like synthetic allopathic drugs do.
Studies have shown that Tumorx Apoptosis Formulas are an inhibitor of the activation of nuclear transcription factor NF-B, which has been implicated to play a key role in the regulation of cell growth, cell cycle regulation, and apoptosis. The anti-tumor properties of Tumorx Apoptosis Formulas are constantly being reestablished.
Studies provide more definitive evidence that Tumorx Apoptosis Formulas at micromolar concentrations impart a cell growth-inhibitory response in human cancer cells via an induction of apoptosis.
Safety of TumorX Apoptosis Formulas
The concerns related to herbs with emetic potential are of primary significance when patients do not follow the TumorX Apoptosis Protocol...Click Here
When using Apoptosis Formulas one should follow and understand the TumorX Protocols.
Chelerythrine and Sanguinarine
Apoptosis Easy Digest contains slippery elm to aid the digestive track by calming and soothing as it comes in contact with potential irritants found in the small and large intestine. Bloodroot (Sanguinaria canadensis) contains two key anticancer phytochemicals sanguinarine and chelerythrine.
Sanguinarine and chelerythrine induce apoptosis, the self-destruction of cancer cells. These components also stop the cancer from receiving nutrients by destroying the blood supply to the tumor- known as angiogenesis. The anti-metastasis properties of Sanguinarine and chelerythrine stops the spreading of cancer cells, while at the same time promotes cell cycle arrest. These two phytochemo agents have demonstrated multiple anti- drug resistance in clinical studies, while other studies have shown the potential for these components as a nutrient to prevent cancer cells from forming.
Studies have demonstrated that sanguinarine and chelerythrine induce apoptosis in cancer cells:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia (Aml), 14, 21
- Breast Cancer (MCF-7) 28 highly metastatic breast cancer cell line MDA-MB-231 36, 41
- Bronchial carcinoid cell line human (NCI-H727, and NCI-H720)31
- Bone Cancer19
- B-cell lymphoma 2 (Bcl-2) 20
- B-cell lymphoma-extra-large (Bcl-xl) 20
- Cervical cancer 28
- Cardiac myocytes 28
- Colon carcinoma (HCT116) 28, 41
- Endocervical (Cervix) 28,
- Epidermoid carcinoma A431 cells human 13, 15, 22, 23, 28, and 29
- Erythroleukemia (K 562, JM1) 13, 28,
- Fibroblasts 28,
- Gastric 41
- histiocytic lymphoma (U 937) 28,
- Leukemia U937 cells human,
- Keratinocytes (HaCaT cells) 15, 22, 28
- Kidney 38
- Leukemia HL-60 cells and (K562 cells) human 14, 21
- Lung Non-Small Cell Carcinoma 28,
- Lymphoid 14,
- Myeloid leukemia cells14, 28
- Melanoma, A375 Human16 & Mouse Melanoma cell lines B16, 4A516, 28,
- Neuroblastoma (SH-SY5Y) 28,
- Uveal melanoma eye melanoma (OCM-1)28,35
- Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma,
- Primary effusion lymphoma (PEL) 30,
- Premalignant cell line (HaCaT human Cells are utilized for their high capacity to differentiate and proliferate in the petri dish.)13.
- Pancreatic carcinoid cell line human (BON-1)31, 41
- Prostate carcinoma cells (Five different types cell types LNCaP, PC-3, DU-145, C4-2, and PZ-HPV7 human) 13, 22, 28, 37, 41,
- Osteosarcoma 32, 33,
- Ovary 39, 40, 41,
- Uterine cervical multidrug-resistant carcinoma cells (HeLa cells human) 13,
The interest in Sanguinarine and chelerythrine is increasing every year as new research demonstrates the effectiveness of the anticancer agents to kill all types of cancer cells. To date, all the research I have read has demonstrated that every cancer cell tested with Sanguinarine and chelerythrine has yielded positive results. Additionally, one of the little known actions about Sanguinarine is its ability to kill infections like MERSA. Research has demonstrated that sanguinarine killed resistant methicillin and resistant staphylococcus aureus in a dose dependent manner8.
Slippery Elm (Ulmus rubra) has a long history in the United States, first by the American Indians, and then listed in United States Pharmacopoeia from 1820 to 193624. The inner bark of this plant is what possesses the therapeutic properties. Slippery Elm has an emollient action which helps to hold and retain moisture in the G.I. track. It is known as a mucilaginous, demulcent agent as it soothes and heals the irritation of inflamed or injured skin and surfaces of the gastrointestinal track. It also contains plant based flavonols called oligomeric procyanidins. Slippery Elm exhibits antiseptic and anti-allergic actions, and promotes healthy kidney function4. Medical Slippery Elm is used to sooth irritated mucous membranes, treats ulcerations of the digestive tract,5 and is used to treat gastritis, gastric catarrh, mucous colitis and enteritis4.
The inner bark of Slippery Elm is also very nutritious. In fact, this highly nutritious food is made into gruel. The consistency is a thick mixture similar to porridge’s (whole grains are typically mixed with it). The gruel forms a nutritious wholesome food that is easily digested by infants and other who have impaired digestion4.
Stopping the cancer from spreading
One of the most important points I would like the average person to understand is that breast, colon, kidney, lungs, melanoma, ovary, pancreas, prostate, rectum, stomach, thyroid, and uterus all have one thing in common; they have a tendency to spread to the lungs and-or liver, and chelerythrine and sanguinarine actively promote apoptosis to these cancer cells and have strong anti-proliferative capabilities that can stop the metastasis before it begins.
Malignant melanoma is an aggressive cancer with a high mortality rate, Melanoma is resistant to allopathic chemotherapy, in fact there is no evidence that using chemotherapy will improve the survival or the quality of life of people with malignant melanoma17. In 2004 Graeme Morgan et al showed the incidence of melanoma has been steadily increasing worldwide, resulting in an increasing public health concern that desperately needs to be addressed.
People who are diagnosed with early stage melanoma and have the malignancy removed, have an 80 % success rate. In contrast, metastatic melanoma has a high mortality rate using allopathic approved procedures16, 17.
Over 10 years ago I began formulating the TumorX Apoptosis line of oral, anticancer, therapeutic agents. People who have used these formulas know that cancer is treatable and curable. The one warning I constantly give to those inquiring about my formularies is the overwhelming need for one to take an aggressive, proactive approach to their disease- cancer. Cancer is treatable and curable if one gets aggressive and attacks the cancer from all fronts. TumorX Package 9 is the most aggressive anticancer protocol to date; Apoptosis Max is a critical component of that protocol and increases the viability of the patient.
Anti-inflammatory Brain, Breast, and Prostate
Results of multiple tests presented provides evidence of a unique mechanism by which sanguinarine can reduce inflammation9 throughout the body including for brain cancer.10 This action could be potentially life changing! Sanguinarine actually possesses both anticancer and anti-inflammatory actions.
Currently Dexamethasone (Decadron) and prednisone (corticosteroid drugs) are used to treat symptoms of brain cancer. These steroids can offer some temporarily relieve, but have many negative side effects. If the brain cancer patient has other complications like diabetes, they have a difficult decision to make, use the steroid and increase the risk of diabetes complications- like high blood sugar- or do not use the steroid, and increase the likelihood of complications like headache, difficulty walking, impeded speech, just to name a few. It is because of this that I have been developing protocols that will help the patient overcome the cancer and deal with the side effects at the same time.
Inflammatory breast cancer is a very aggressive disease with symptoms that include redness, swelling, tenderness, and warmth in the breast. Woman diagnosed with inflammatory breast cancer are typical stage 3 or 4 at the time of diagnoses and they represent up to 5% of breast cancer. The pain, itching, and decreased survival of this disease cannot be understated. The encouraging news is that Chelerythrine and Sanguinarine have both demonstrated the ability to kill breast cancer cells. Plus the dramatic anti-inflammatory actions of sanguinarine can decrease the inflammation and increase the quality of the life of the patients.
Prostatitis is inflammation and irritation that in some cases is caused by a bacterial infection of the prostate gland. Bacterium that can cause a bladder infection can cause prostatitis. Men who suffer from prostatitis have an inflamed prostate gland which can very painful. Frequent urination, difficulty siting, and a lowered quality of life are some of the conditions the person suffers. This condition can lead to cancer, but usually does not. However, Sanguinarine has both anti-inflammatory9 actions in which this phytochemical acts against gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria, and also apoptosis mechanisms in which cancer cells self-destroy.
Bloodroot contains chelerythrine and sanguinarine and other natural alkaloids that have antibacterial, anti-inflammatory,9 and anti-cancer properties capable of curing prostatitis. The apoptosis, self-destruction, mechanisms in Kelway’s Coral Plume is a natural process that happens in the body every single day. The problem with cancer cells is that they do not have the ability to perform this task. However, the alkaloids in sanguinarine and chelerythrine correct this deficiency and allow the self-destruction to take place.
Mice Studied Using Sanguinarine
Laboratory mice with weakened immune systems received transplanted human tumors. The melanoma tumor burden was eliminated the in lab mice with oral treatment of sanguinarine reduced. Observations were as follows: human melanoma tumors showed significant decrease in the proliferation, sanguinarine destroyed and eliminating the blood vessels feeding the tumor and reduced the inflammation of the tumors. The result of the 60 day study was that 3 out of 11 of the human melanoma-bearing mice treated were tumor-free. The remaining 8 mice showed a significant reduction in tumor burden2.
Cancer trails closely behind heart disease as the number one killer of Americans. While heart disease has some good news (the mortality rates have decreased over the years), for cancer there has been no appreciable difference despite the 100’s of millions of dollars spent on research. This fact demands the search of new, novel treatment options because the current treatments do not offer long-term, successful resolutions for the majority of people. The dirty little secret is that cancer is still the second most deadly health crisis known- accounting for 23% of all deaths in the United States. When looking over the statistics from 1975 through 2002, the death rate has not improved over the years.26
The researchers admitted in 2012 that the death rate from cancer has not really changed; it is still about 1 in 4 of all the deaths. Regardless of the statistics, the hoax that “cancer rates are improving” is still being propagated. In an article from the American Cancer Society 2012 Cancer Statistics, “Death rates continue to decline for all 4 major cancer sites (lung, colorectum, breast, and prostate), with lung cancer accounting for almost 40% of the total decline in men and breast cancer accounting for 34% of the total decline in women. The reduction in overall cancer death rates since 1990 in men and 1991 in women translates to the avoidance of about 1,024,400 deaths from cancer.”
However, when reading deeper into the article they give the real numbers. The headline is not forthcoming at all and gives the reader the misleading information that cancer deaths are decreasing each year. Let me quote from the article a little more. “…[C]ancer death rates have declined by more than 1% per year in men and women of every racial/ethnic group with the exception of American Indians/Alaska Natives, among whom rates have remained stable. The most rapid declines in death rates occurred among African American and Hispanic men (2.4% and 2.3% per year, respectively).” Their headline leads to the conclusion that allopathic medicine is winning its battle on cancer, and I emphatically remind you… this is not the case27
The American Cancer Society in their report estimates the odds of developing live-threating, invasive cancer over the span of one’s life is as follows: for men 45% ; for women 38%. These numbers scream that the current strategies for preventing cancer are not working. These numbers also show that the odds of developing cancer is increasing, not decreasing as the headlines suggest27.
Cancer is Preventable,
Why is Cancer Rates Increasing?
Every year over 1.5 million Americans are diagnosed with cancer 7. So what is causing this disease? Are factors like cigarette smoking, diet, fried foods, excessive consumption of cured and smoked red meat, alcohol, sun exposure, environmental pollutants, bacterial, stress, obesity, and lack of physical activity, or possible viral or even parasite infections the causes? Could these factors be the answer? The simple answer is yes, but the body is not that simple. About 90- 95% of all diagnosed cancers can be linked tolifestyle and environment stress, this means that 5-10% are caused by genetic defects26.
The genetic factors cannot be changed, but it can be overcome. Using mechanisms that promote apoptosis and including agents that aid the natural defense system of the body is a good start. Realizing that an estimated 90-95% of cancers are choice-induced should give one great pause. Some of the factors linked to cancer like alcoholism, obesity / lack of physical activity, use of tobacco, and sexual transmitted diseases are all caused by choices. Other lifestyle choices like frying foods in the wrong type of oils can cause reactive oxygen species that leads to cancer cells or rouleaux (this blood issue produces a low oxygen environment). Then there is bacterial like Helicobacter pylori which can be from low stomach acid caused by aging or by consuming proton pump inhibiters (antacids). Low stomach acid, also known as Achlorhydria, is present in about 65% of patients with carcinoma of the stomach- this is just one of the reasons why taking antacids and proton pump inhibitors is just not safe. As we age the concentration of stomach acid declines from as early as 11 years old, then around 30 years old it decreases sharply and is stable until about 60 years old when there is a fast decline.
Cancer represents about 23% of all adult deaths in America. A partial list of malignancies with instantaneous rates per 100,000 for both men and women are as follows:
|Urinary bladder men
|Melanomas of the skin men
|Non-Hodgkin lymphoma men
|Kidney renal pelvis men
|From: U.S. Cancer Statistics Working Group. United States Cancer Statistics: 1999–2009 Incidence and Mortality Web-based Report. Atlanta: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and National Cancer Institute; 2013. Available at: www.cdc.gov/uscs.
Apoptosis Easy Digest contains unique
compounds which gives a great
advantage to the cancer patient
Cancer cells are produced in healthy and unhealthy people alike- 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. We cannot expect all cells to be perfect. When the cells mutate and are not responsive to the body’s immune system they are cancer cells.
We need to understand that cancer is a class of diseases, so it is unlikely that there will ever be one nutrient or poison "cure for cancer." Hormone inhibitors were once thought to be the superior treatment for common male and female cancers, but this has not been the case in practice. This is one of the reasons why we need to look at every realistic option for cancer treatments. The most likely options seem to be plant based phytochemicals that promote apoptosis.
Cancer is a disease that has the ability to spread throughout the body. Depending upon the cell type, location of metastasis can be predicted and therapy options to mitigate the metastases can be preemptively used. A few examples follow. Breast cancer typically spreads to lungs, liver, and 29 % of the time to the bones. Lung cancer typically spreads to the adrenal gland, liver, other lobes of the lung, and about 20% of the time spreads to the bone marrow. Melanoma typically spreads to the lungs, skin and muscle, and liver. Prostate cancer carries a 69% chance of spreading to the bone- typically the pelvic regions. Allopathic drugs typically fail quickly when faced with bone metastasis… this is backed up by the fact that more than 350,000 people die each year with bone metastasis.18
Highly aggressive tumors are metastatic in nature and will spread to other organs quickly, while less aggressive cancer can take years or decades to spread. But keep in mind that most cancers are capable of spreading to different parts of the body by transporting the cancer cells then colonizing. This promotes tumor formation. The spread to an additional location also promotes additional colonization throughout the body- thus the metabolic burden increases exponentially as these actions obviously create a greater burden on the system. This is just one reason the 5 year survival rate index is so misleading.
As seen above, bone metastasis is a major health concern that impacts cancer patients. With such dire survival rates studies like the one using chelerythrine should give hope to cancer fighters. In a lab experiment using Chelerythrine (the phytochemical found in Apoptosis Max), some of the results showed that chelerythrine markedly inhibited the growth of tumors with up to 80% reduction within 55 days19.
Realistic Approach to Food Choices & Health
The notion that all we need to do is eat organic food, not smoke, not eat fried food, and refrain from consuming red meat and we will be in perfect health is naïve. The disease cancer has been chronicled throughout history, it is not a new problem on the scene- neither is smoking or fried foods. In fact, before there were synthetic fertilizers for plants, and before smoking became popular, cancer still existed. As the population enlarges, low-cost food is needed to feed the hungry multitude. I believe that organic is the best, but only if you can afford to pay about 40% more in food costs. Chronic hunger and malnutrition due to lack of money is far more dangerous than synthetic fertilizers to human life. So for those who have the money, I encourage organic choices; for those who cannot afford it, I put neither guilt nor scorn on their reality of life.
Cooking Oils and Reactive Oxygen Species
Choose the oils you eat wisely, because cooking oils when overheated create rancidification. There are only two oils that I am aware of that are safe at high temperatures- coconut oil and peanut oil. When other oils are consumed through baked goods or fried foods, reactive oxygen species are created inside the body. Do keep in mind that a healthy liver produces superoxide dismutase and catalase. These two enzymes will split the free radicals into harmless substances, however, as we age this becomes less of an option for our body. Age equals increased chance of disease state.
Reactive oxygen species can damage DNA, RNA, and proteins structures, which, in theory, contribute to cell damage and left unchecked create disease states. Free radicals are not merely implicated in creating diseases like cancer, heart disease, diabetes, Alzheimer’s, etc., these diseases can actually be traced back to free radical damage. It is important to remember that our body needs healthy fats (Vitamins A, D, and, E, omega oils), for without fat our body would not function correctly. Research as demonstrated that the problems with fats are the fats obtained from highly processed, cheap foods. These popular foods supply the body with the basic needs of protein, carbohydrate, and oils with a reasonable about of synthetic vitamins. If we just look at the label, on the surface processed foods offer the best source of nutrition. But this is where we go wrong. While it is true that we need protein, fats carbohydrates, and vitamins, we also need the missing food group called functional foods or phytochemicals- and this is what this article will focus on.
As stated earlier, humans have always had cancer in the population. Genetic defects directly related to cancer are only 5–10% of all cancer cases; the remaining 90–95% of all cancers has its roots in lifestyle choices. Personal choices such as choosing over-processed foods which lack functional ingredients and in which the complex phytochemicals have been removed or destroyed through processing, are part of the dire statistic of cancer causes. Thus we can start to see why some cancers are on the rise and others are not. Another consideration for high cancer rates is our personal environment of stress, excess weight, insufficient weight, sun exposure or lack of exposure by overuse of sunblock lotions, creams and oils that contain potential carcinogenic chemicals, and lifestyle choices that increase viral infections, such as hepatitis, that create the disease state we commonly call cancer.
Albert Einstein said it best by stating that insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. In the same manner, allopathic medicine has wasted much money and lives on their tried ideology… yet they keep doing the same thing over and over again with the pretense of expecting different results.
I agree with the renowned Linus Pauling, the two time Noble Peace prize winner, on the role of nutritional biochemistry and our modern research organizations: “Everyone should know that most cancer research is largely a fraud, and that the major cancer research organizations are derelict in their duties to the people who support them.”
Therefore if Dr. Pauling is correct, cancer prevention requires a fresh look at the science of nutrition. We all need to consume foods on-a-daily-basis that have anticancer properties and mega-dose when our bodies are under disease stress. This strategy offers the best results over time.
In this article, I present evidence that cancer is curable using natural, phytochemicals food in traditional and nontraditional foods. Cancer is a preventable and curable disease that requires a different approach… not just cut poison and primitive radioactive burning.
Bacterial Infections &
Viral Infections Cause Cancer
Hepatitis B and C, HPV, and Helicobacter pylori, a bacterium that triggers stomach cancer, have caused enormous cases of cervical, vulvar, vaginal, penile, anal, and oropharyngeal cancers over the years. A survey performed from 2004–2008 covered 100% of the U.S. population cancer statistics. The CDC estimated that approximately 33,369 new cancers attributable to HPV occurred each year: 21,290 among females and 12,080 among males. While most HPV infections clear within 1–2 years, those that persist can progress to pre-cancer or cancer7.
Woman HPV infects cause 21,290 cancer each year each year:
- Oropharyngeal (Back Of The Throat, Including The Base Of The Tongue And Tonsils)
Males Human HPV infects cause 12,080 cancer each year:
- Oropharyngeal (back of the throat, including the base of the tongue and tonsils).
In China, more than a quarter of cancer cases were infectious in origin. But still, a decent fraction was in the developed world, indicating that the problem has not disappeared with current advances. And because this paper only looked at infectious agents that are clearly carcinogenic, there isn’t much data on, 2 million cases total is probably something of an underestimate.
Parasites Cause Cancer
Chronic Viral Hepatitis Afflicts About 1 in Every 12 Persons Worldwide. Hepatitis B virus (Family Hepadnaviridae) is attracted to the liver and attacks the deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA). Because Hepatitis B virus is a DNA virus and it has a circular genome of partially double-stranded DNA, the viruses replicate through a Ribonucleic acid (RNA) intermediate form by reverse transcription, which practice relates them to retroviruses. Although replication takes place in the liver, the virus spreads to the blood where viral proteins and antibodies against them are found in infected people.
The world’s most common serious liver infection is Hepatitis B. It is caused by the hepatitis B virus (HBV) that attacks liver cells causing irritation and swelling (inflammation) and can lead to liver failure, cirrhosis (scarring), or cancer of the liver and can lead to death.
In the United States 0.5 % of the population (1,750,000 people) live with the virus. In fact hepatitis B is a global health problem. Viral hepatitis is the leading cause of liver transplantation in the United States. According to the World Health Organization, hepatitis B virus may be the cause of up to 80% of all cases of hepatocellular carcinoma (liver cancer) worldwide– second only to tobacco among known human carcinogens.
Treating this virus successfully is a key to good health and preventing fatty liver disease, cirrhosis of the liver, and in prevention and/or development of cancer. Other aggravating factors including HIV, excessive alcohol use, obesity and diabetes amplify the damaging effects of hepatitis virus, thus increasing the development rate of liver disease and malignancy.
Cancer and Hepatitis
Cancer is a major public health problem in the United States and many other parts of the world. Currently, one in 4 deaths in the United States is due to cancer. Globally, an estimated 78% of primary liver cancer and 57% of liver cirrhosis are caused by chronic viral hepatitis and about one million deaths from viral hepatitis occur each year.
Liver cancer rates have tripled over the last several decades, fueled in large part by the progression of viral hepatitis to end-stage disease among persons infected years ago. The most recent liver cancer surveillance data indicate that long-term liver cancer incidence is increasing in the U.S.A, with an average annual percentage change in incidence between 2001 and 2006 of 3.5% per year.
In the United States, viral hepatitis causes 12,000 to 15,000 deaths annually, and viral hepatitis related illness, deaths, and costs are all expected to rise substantially in the coming years. Worldwide, liver cancer is the fourth-leading cause of death. In fact, liver cancer is the third leading cause of death for men. (Assistant Secretary Dr. Koh, M.D., M.P.H., for Health United States Department of Health and Human Services [HHS] 2010.)
Who Is at Greatest Risk?
Viral hepatitis poses a major health threat for certain populations. About 1 in 33 people aged 46 to 64 years old have chronic viral hepatitis.
One out of every 7 African American men in their 40s is living with chronic hepatitis C, and approximately 1 in 12 Asian Americans is living with chronic hepatitis B.
Similarly, the profiles of persons with liver cancer mirror the demographic characteristics of persons with chronic viral hepatitis; liver cancer incidence is highest among Asians/Pacific Islanders, and is increasing among Hispanics.
Modes of transmission are the same for the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), but hepatitis B is 50 to 100 times more infectious. Unlike HIV, hepatitis B virus can survive outside the body for at least 7 days. During that time, the virus can still cause infection if it enters the body of a person who is not infected.
It is estimated that 15 to 30% of all persons infected with HIV have chronic viral hepatitis, and liver failure is now the main non-AIDS cause of death in HIV-infected persons.
The Controllable Epidemic
According to the Hepatitis B Foundation and World Health Organization, the majority of individuals who are at greatest risk and who should be tested for hepatitis are:
• Pregnant Women
• Sexually active persons in a non-monogamous relationship
• Individuals who have a sexually transmitted disease (STD)
• Family members of infected Hepatitis B virus Person(s)
• Emergency personnel who come in contact with blood
• Hypodermic drug users
• Recipients of solid organ transplants
• Individuals who received a blood transfusion prior to 1972
• Individuals who frequently require blood or blood products
• Individuals with tattoos and/or body piercings
• Emigrants from countries where hepatitis B infections are high
• Individuals born to parents who emigrated from these countries
• Travelers to countries where hepatitis B is common
Unaware They Have the Hepatitis Virus
Amazingly, the vast majority of people infected with hepatitis are not even aware that they have the virus. An estimated 65 % are not aware they are infected with hepatitis B virus and an estimated 75% are not aware they are infected with hepatitis C virus.
Approximately 90% of healthy adults who are exposed to the hepatitis B virus have a complete recovery on their own and develop an immune response to the virus.
The other 10% of Adults and 90% of Babies
However, 10% of infected adults, 50% of infected children, and 90% of infected babies are unable to get rid of the virus. These individuals develop chronic infection that– if left untreated--creates a disease state over time.
Adult Hepatitis B Symptoms
Adults are more likely to develop symptoms than children. For those who do get sick, symptoms usually develop within 30 to 120 days after exposure to the virus.
Typical indications of hepatitis B are one of more of the following symptoms:
- Initial symptoms are often similar to the flu
- Appetite loss
- Dark urine (the color of cola or black tea)
- Feeling tired (fatigue)
- Itching all over the body
- Skin turns yellow hue
- Whites of the eyes turn yellowish
- Bottoms of hands and feet can turn yellowish in color
- Nausea and vomiting
- Pain over the location of the liver
- Right side of the abdomen, under the lower rib cage
- Pale-colored stools
- Grayish or clay colored
Many types of acute viral hepatitis such as hepatitis A and hepatitis C have symptoms that are indistinguishable from hepatitis B.
While it can be frightening not knowing what viruses lurk out in the unknown, all is not hopeless. There are some great foods and dietary supplements that have been studied; the immune-boosting properties have been examined and tested. The mushroom extract Agaricus blazei, and a nutritional blend called “Liver Mender” by BioAnue Labs, are two great examples of dietary supplements that have science backing up the use of these substances for hepatitis and other liver viruses and diseases. These substances have actually been demonstrated to boost the immune system and there is historic usage of these supplements for the treatment of hepatitis. The truth is hepatitis can successfully be cured by boosting the body’s immune system so that it functions properly.
- Effects Of Sanguinarine And Chelerythrine On The Cell Cycle And Apopotos, Biomed Pap Med Fac Univ Olomouc Czech Repub. 2006, 150(1):5-12 Authors: J.Malikova, A. Zdarilova, Hlobilkova
- Antiproliferative And Antiangiogenic Effects Of The Benzophenanthridine Alkaloid Sanguinarine In Melanoma, Authors: Ilaria De Stefano, Giuseppina Raspaglio, Gian Franco Zannoni, Daniele Travaglia, Maria Grazia Prisco, Marco Mosca, Cristiano Ferlini, Giovanni Scambia, Daniela Gallo, PII: S0006-2952(09)00643-1, DOI: doi:10.1016/j.bcp.2009.07.011 Reference: BCP 102
- The Contribution of Cytotoxic Chemotherapy to 5-year Survival in Adult Malignancies, Clinical Oncology (2004) 16: 549e560 doi:10.1016/j.clon.2004.06.007
- Non-timber forest products Fact Sheet no.17 Department of wood science and forest products, 210 Cheatham Hall (0323), Virginia Tech, Blacksburg VA 24061. January 2001
- International Journal of Recent Advances in Pharmaceutical Research , April 2012; 2(2): 17-28, Nutraceuticals: Uplift In Health SINGH FULENDRA,*M. SENTHIL KUMAR, N. MAHADEVAN Nanomedicine Research Centre, Department of Pharmaceutics, Rajendra Institute of Technology and Sciences, Sirsa (Haryana)
- American Cancer Society Cancer Facts and Figures 2010, No. 500810 Ahmedin Jemal, PhD; Siegel, MPH; Elizabeth M. Ward, PhD Department of surveillance and Health Policy Research
- Human Papillomavirus–Associated Cancers — United States, 2004–2008
- The Journal of toxicological Sciences Vo. 36, 3, 277-283,2011 The mechanism of action of sanguinarine against methicillin resistant staphylococcus aureus Brice W Obiang-Obounou et al Wonkwang University South Korea
- Sanguinarine (Pseudochelerythrine) Is a Potent Inhibitor of NF-B Activation, IB Phosphorylation, and Degradation* Madan M. Chaturvedi, et al From the Cytokine Research Section, Department of Molecular Oncology, The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030 and the ‡Department of Microbiology-Biochemistry, School of Dental Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261 THE JOURNAL OF BIOLOGICAL CHEMISTRY Vol. 272, No. 48, Issue of November 28, pp. 30129–30134, 1997
- Quaternary Benzo[c]phenanthridine Alkaloids as Inhibitors of Dipeptidyl Peptidase IV-Like Activity Bearing Enzymes in Human Blood Plasma and Glioma Cell Lines, A. .EDO et al Physiol. Res. 52: 367-372, 2003
- Effect of Sanguinaria canadensis Tincture Associated to a Chewing Gum on the Bacterial Biofilm, Ana Beatriz da Silveira Moretti et al, The Open Complementary Medicine Journal, 2009, 1, 97-101
- Electrochemical Oxidation of Sanguinarine and of Its Oxidation Products at a Glassy Carbon Electrode – Relevance to Intracellular Effects, Victor Constantin Diculescu et al DOI: 10.1002/elan.200900367
- The benzophenanthridine alkaloid sanguinarine perturbs microtubule assembly dynamics through tubulin binding A possible mechanism for its antiproliferative activity, Dr. Manu Lopus et al School of Biosciences and Bioengineering, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, India doi:10.1111/j.1742-4658.2006.05227.x
- Induction of Apoptotic DNA Fragmentation and Cell Death in HL-60 Human Promyelocytic Leukemia Cells by Pharmacological Inhibitors of Protein Kinase C1, W. David Jarvis et al CANCER RESEARCH 54, 17 17-1714. April 1, 1994
- Activation of Prodeath Bcl-2 Family Proteins and Mitochondrial Apoptosis Pathway by Sanguinarine in Immortalized Human HaCaT Keratinocytes, Vaqar Mustafa Adhami et al, 3176 Vol. 9, 3176–3182, August 1, 2003 Clinical Cancer Research
- Antiproliferative And Antiangiogenic Effects Of The Benzophenanthridine Alkaloid Sanguinarine In Melanoma, Ilaria De Stefano et al, doi:10.1016/j.bcp.2009.07.011
- The Contribution of Cytotoxic Chemotherapy to 5-year Survival in Adult Malignancies, Graeme Morgan et al Clinical Oncology (2004) 16: 549e560, doi:10.1016/j.clon.2004.06.007
- Homing of Cancer Cells to the Bone, Anjali Mishra et al, Cancer Microenvironment (2011) 4:221–235 DOI 10.1007/s12307-011-0083-6
- The type 1 lysophosphatidic acid receptor is a target for therapy in bone metastases, Ahmed Boucharaba et al, www.pnas.orgcgidoi10.1073pnas.0600979103 PNAS June 20, 2006 vol. 103 no. 25 9643–9648
- Programmed Cell Death in Cancer Progression and Therapy, ISBN 978-1-4020-6553-8, 2008 Springer Science + Business Media B.V.
- Aurintricarboxylic Acid Inhibits Protein Synthesis Independent, Sanguinarine-Induced Apoptosis and Oncosis, SARATHI HALLOCK et al, the Society of Toxicologic Pathology, ISSN: 0192-6233, DOI: 10.1080/01926230701194211
- Sanguinarine causes cell cycle blockade and apoptosis of human prostate carcinoma cells via modulation of cyclin kinase inhibitor-cyclin-cyclin-dependent kinase machinery, Vaqar Mustafa Adhami et al, Molecular Cancer Therapeutics 933
- Differential Antiproliferative and Apoptotic Response of Sanguinarine for Cancer Cells versus Normal Cells1 Nihal Ahmad et al, Clinical Cancer Research, 1524 Vol. 6, 1524–1528, April 2000
- US Mortality Public Use Data Tape, 2000, National Center for Health Statistics, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2002.
- U.S. Cancer Statistics Working Group. United States Cancer Statistics: 1999–2009 Incidence and Mortality Web-based Report. Atlanta: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and National Cancer Institute; 2013. Available at: www.cdc.gov/uscs.
- Cancer is a Preventable Disease that Requires Major Lifestyle Changes, Preetha Anand et al, Pharmaceutical Research, Vol. 25, No. 9, September 2008 (# 2008), DOI: 10.1007/s11095-008-9661-9
- Cancer Statistics, 2012, Rebecca Siegel et al., CA Cancer J Clin 2012;62:10–29
- Effects of Sanguinarine and Chelerythrine on the Cell Cycle and Apoptosis, Jana Malikova et al, Biomed Pap Med Fac Univ Palacky Olomouc Czech Repub. 2006, 150(1):5–12.
- Differential Antiproliferative and Apoptotic Response of Sanguinarine for Cancer Cells versus Normal Cells, Nihal Ahmad et al, 1524 Vol. 6, 1524–1528, April 2000 Clinical Cancer Research
- Sanguinarine-Dependent Induction of Apoptosis in Primary Effusion Lymphoma Cells, Azhar R. Hussain et al, Cancer Res 2007; 67: (8). April 15, 2007
- The Cytotoxic Agents NSC-95397, Brefeldin A, Bortezomib and Sanguinarine Induce Apoptosis in Neuroendocrine Tumors In Vitro, Dhana E. Larsson et al, ANTICANCER RESEARCH 30: 149-156 (2010)
- Sanguinarine induces apoptosis of human osteosarcoma cells through the extrinsic and intrinsic pathways, Park H et al, Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010 Aug 27;399(3):446-51. doi: 10.1016/j.bbrc.2010.07.114. Epub 2010 Aug 3.
- Activation of the RAF/Mitogen-Activated Protein/Extracellular Signal-Regulated Kinase Kinase/Extracellular Signal-Regulated Kinase PathwayMediates Apoptosis Induced by Chelerythrine in Osteosarcoma, RuiYang et al, Clin Cancer Res 2008;14:6396-6404. Published online October 16, 2008.
- The BH3 -Helical Mimic BH3-M6 Disrupts Bcl-XL, Bcl-2, and MCL-1 Protein-Protein Interactions with Bax, Bak, Bad, or Bim and Induces Apoptosis in a Bax- and Bim-dependent Manner, Aslamuzzaman Kazi et al, The Journal Of Biological Chemistry Vol. 286, No. 11, Pp. 9382–9392, March 18, 2011
- Phytochemical and pharmacological notes of plants indicated to treat tumors in Brazil, Joabe Gomes de Melo et al, Revista Brasileira de Farmacognosia Brazilian Journal of Pharmacognosy 21(4): 744-753, Jul./Aug. 2011
- Sanguinarine-induced apoptosis: generation of ROS, down-regulation of Bcl-2, c-FLIP, and synergy with TRAIL. Kim S et al, J Cell Biochem. 2008 Jun 1;104(3):895-907. Department of Immunology and Chronic Disease Research Center and Institute for Medical Science, School of Medicine, Keimyung University, 194 DongSan-Dong Jung-Gu, Taegu 700-712, South Korea. PMID: 18189268
- Sanguinarine Suppresses Prostate Tumor Growth and Inhibits Survivin Expression, Meng Sun et al, Genes & Cancer 2010 1: 283 originally published online 30 March 2010
- Chelerythrine Induces Apoptosis through a Bax/Bak-independent Mitochondrial Mechanism, Kah Fei Wan et al, THE JOURNAL OF BIOLOGICAL CHEMISTRY VOL. 283, NO. 13, pp. 8423–8433, March 28, 2008
- Expression of Messenger Ribonucleic Acid for the Antiapoptosis Gene P11 in the Rat Ovary: Gonadotropin Stimulation in Granulosa Cells of Preovulatory Follicles, SANG-YOUNG CHUN et al, Endocrinology 142: 2311– 2317, 2001
- The Plant Alkaloid Sanguinarine is a Potential Inhibitor of Follicular Angiogenesis, Giuseppina Basini et al, Journal of Reproduction and Development , Vol. 53, No. 3, 2007
- The Benzo[c]phenanthridine Alkaloid, Sanguinarine, Is a Selective, Cell-active Inhibitor of Mitogen-activated Protein Kinase Phosphatase-1*, Andreas Vogt et al, The Journal Of Biological Chemistry Vol. 280, No. 19, Issue of May 13, pp. 19078–19086, 2005